This morning I went to the post office and was some what cheered by the fact that the books I had ordered arrived, as had the tights, and finally brokenbacktango's mix. I haven't listened to it yet, because I have class in a few, but it looks awesome.
1. "Man With The Hex" - The Atomic Fireballs, I definitely get YED vibes from this, if he owned a Speakeasy. Maybe this song we'll make an appearance in my 1930s fic, YED can be Dean's rival, hah. My room mate is looking at me like I'm crazy because I'm bopping my head like nothing else.
2. "Wicked Game" - Giant Drag, I have the original and I never really cared about it that much, but I love this version. She really did make it harder core (excuse my phraseology)
3. "Dance Me To The End of Love"-Madeleine Peyroux, eh, shrug, I have no thoughts on this one. Definitely not Sam/Dean like. Weirdo people.
4. "Days Go By (acoustic)" - Dirty Vegas, so I actually have a different acoustic version of this song, one that's slightly faster with a louder guitar. If you want to hear that version I can upload it. But yeah, so much better than the original. You should look up "Simple Things Part II" by them, which is also acoustic, I think you'll enjoy it. Before I even read your comment about Sam/Dean vibes, I was like...this is totally Sam and Dean.
5. "Do You Believe In Magic" - The Lovin' Spoonful, Man what a blast from the past. I adored this song when I was ten and sang it all the time, no doubt driving both my parents up the wall. Anyway, I can't believe I don't have it, so thank you.
6. "The Love Theme" - Master and Commander, if you like this song remind me to give you some Philip Glass. Also, IT'S RUSSEL CROWE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM HAVING BUTTSECKS, EVAR!
7. "From Rusholme With Love" - Mint Royale, okay, I adore this song. I was totally rocking out in my seat again, room mate once more thinking I had developed some form of palsey. I don't really think of Kung Pow, although now that you've drawn the connection I probably will. Damn You.
8. "George Romero" - The Sprites, I FREAKIN' ADORE THIS SONG. His voice and the simple melodic guitar is so sweet. My friend Tal, who admittedly listens to Bauhaus and Marilyn Manson and The Cure and like nothing else, would love this song for her great joy of Zombie movies. She's the reason I saw Shaun of the Dead, which was very awesome, because I love on that movie like nothing else.
9. "Enormous Penis" - Da Vinci's Notebook, this is spectacular, here at Yale, a capella is really insane and popular, and this actually cheers me up about it.
10. "The Staunton Lick" - Lemon Jelly, The percussion and the base guitar in this is so awesome, although I think I was supposed to pay attention to the rhythm guitar, but anyway, I like alot.
11. "You Could Be Happy" - Snow Patrol, yeah, I love this song too. Actually I love this entire album. Money well spent I guess. I think Eyes Open is better than Final Straw, mostly because Snow Patrol seemed to be obsessed with just repeating the same phrase over and over in that first album.
12. "Handle With Care" - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, I saw this CD at Cutlers a few weeks ago and considered buying it because I love Rilo Kiley, but for reasons I don't remember I refrained. Anyway, now I see I really should go get it.
13. "Twisted" - Eliza Glickyson, this is very much like Norah Jones, has a very jazzy feel to it. Admittedly I'm not all that fond of that, but you're right, something about this is just sexy.
14. "The Face of Boe" - Murray Gold. This just blows me away. I think this is firt angsty song you've put on the list. Points to you. I'm upset they've already soundtracked this, now I can't go do it.
15. "Postcards to Italy" - Beirut, people are so strange, you're the third person to give me this song in a mix. Not that I don't like it, it's wonderful, and I guess people just pick up on the fact that I like stuff like this.
16. "She" - Akira Yamaoka, okay, I take it back, here comes the angst. The melody actually sounds a little bit like "The House of the Rising Sun", maybe that was the point, I don't know.
17. "Summer 78" - Yann Tiersen, I love Yann, he did the Amelie soundtrack and it just blew me away. In fact I was planning on including one of his songs on a Wincest Mix. Also, I did see Goodbye, Lenin! Daniel Bruhl is teh hot, so you should go watch it.
18. "Milkshake" - PICTURES, HOLY CRAP! You made my day, I should give you the Snow Patrol version of "Crazy In Love", it's excellent. Or the Travis version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" I love it when bands take ridiculous pop songs and redo them. Also about the J2 vibes, we all know it would be Jenny, Jared just doesn't read as a whore. No offense, Jenny, I truly do love you too.
19. "The Blue Wrath" - I Monster, I have the first part of the song, which was done by The Specials SO OF COURSE I WOULD RECOGNIZE IT. Big Shaun of the Dead fan that I am. Anyway, this song is so bizarre and so different from the first part. The chorus is excellent. Do you think SPN will ever have a Zombie episode? That would make me very very very happy.
20. "Don't Change" - INXS, I looked it up, the original is by INXS, but I'm thinking this must be the Goo Goo Dolls version because this is nothing like what INXS does. Anyway, I LOVE THIS SONG. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Yes.
Okay, so prepare to get another mix from me soon! Also, I liked the Harry Potter paper.